Students learn about Australian notes and coins and that money is a finite resource in the context of a shopping trip.
The digibook can be shared with students using an interactive whiteboard, computer or tablet.
Learning area: English
- Sub-strand: Responding to Literature
- Compare opinions about characters, events and settings in and between texts. (ACELT1589)
- Sub-strand: Interacting with others
- Listen for specific purposes and information, including instructions, and extend students’ own and others' ideas in discussions (ACELY1666)
Level 2: Typically, by the end of Year 2, students:
- listen to two or more step instructions for undertaking learning tasks, listen for information about topics being learned in spoken and audio texts and respond to texts read aloud
- interpret and use texts to explore topics, gather information and make some obvious inferences using comprehension strategies
- describe how images add to, contradict or multiply the meanings of words in a text, and compare images with the accompanying print text