Students are introduced to the concepts of planning, goal setting and saving using a surprise party as the context.
The digibook can be shared with students using an interactive whiteboard, computer or tablet.
Learning area: English
- Sub-strand: Responding to literature
- Draw connections between personal experiences and the worlds of texts, and share responses with others (ACELT1569)
- Sub-strand: Interacting with others
- Listen to and contribute to conversations and discussions to share information and ideas and negotiate in collaborative situations (ACELY1676)
Level 3: Typically, by the end of Year 4, students:
- listen to spoken instructions with some detail for undertaking learning area tasks, listen to identify key information in spoken and multi- modal texts and respond to texts read aloud
- interpret literal information and make inferences to expand topic knowledge using comprehension strategies