Budgeting helps you to feel in control of your money. Setting up a budget gives you a clear picture of your income and expenses. It can help you spend less and save more to achieve your money goals.
Smart ways to budget and manage your money
- Set money goals to help you to decide where you want your money to go.
- Get a clear picture of your regular expenses, including when they're due, and your spending habits.
- See where you can save, and start saving — no amount is too small.
- Try to set aside money for emergencies.
- If you need help managing your money, contact a financial counsellor.
- If you're in crisis or struggling to make ends meet, see urgent help with money.