Budgeting helps you to be in control of your money. By looking at money coming in and going out, you can direct your money where it matters most. A money plan lets you find ways to spend less and save more to achieve your money goals.
Smart ways to budget and manage your money
- Set money goals to help you work out where you want your money to go.
- Look at your regular costs and when bills are due, and know your spending habits.
- Consider needs and wants, and decide what you can cut or reduce.
- Start saving for an emergency fund, to prepare for life's surprises.
- If you're in crisis or struggling to make ends meet, see urgent help with money.