Even if you only drive your car on Sundays, it's worth getting some type of insurance. Car insurance can cover the cost of repairs to other people’s cars or to your own car, or both.
Always compare policies from different insurers — the price can vary, and they can have different exclusions, conditions and discounts.
If you need to claim on your insurance, see your insurer’s website or your policy document for how to claim.
Get the right cover and the best deal on car insurance
- Third party property insurance is the cheapest, but it doesn't cover the cost of repairs to your car.
- Comprehensive insurance gives you the best cover.
- Check the exclusions in the policy to know what you are not covered for.
- Weigh up the value of having a high premium and a low excess. You may be able to save on your premium by increasing your excess.
- Ask the insurer if they can offer you any discounts.
- Check the no claim bonus is really saving you money.