There are different ways you can borrow money to buy or lease things you need. These include buy now pay later services, consumer leases and interest-free deals.
Before you borrow, make sure you know all the costs and check you can afford the repayments.
Top tips for borrowing to buy
- Do a budget to make sure you can afford the repayments.
- If you get an interest-free deal, pay more than the minimum repayments.
- Check the fees and charges before you sign up. Fees can add up quickly.
- Shop around. The cheaper the item, the smaller your repayments.
- If you need something essential like a fridge, check if you're eligible for a no interest or low interest loan.