Skip to main content

Money held by state governments

Find money from deceased estates, dividends and other sources

Page reading time: 1 minute

State governments hold unclaimed money from deceased estates, share dividends, salaries and wages, cheques, trust money, over-payments and proceeds of sale, to name a few.

Search for deceased estates

You will need to contact the public trustee in the state where the money is held. Here are contacts for each state:

Search for dividends and other money

Contact the following government agencies for unclaimed money such as dividends, salaries and wages, rent and rental bonds, cheques, trust money, over-payments, principal and interest, expenses, refunds, deposits, premiums, royalties, commissions, creditors, debentures, bonds, convertible notes and proceeds of sale.

Your state government agency may not hold all types of money listed above.