Whether you're starting out or looking to tune up your knowledge, the investor toolkit helps you get across the investing essentials.
- asks you questions to build your investing profile
- delivers a series of actions to take
- gives you a personalised list of investment articles to read to build your investing knowledge.
Customise our information to suit your needs
Create your reference list (Step 2 of 2)
Based on your profile, we suggest the following customised reference list.
Get serious about building wealth
Don't put it off any longer. The sooner you start to invest, the sooner you'll reach your lifestyle goals.
- Prepare a budget and what money you can invest
- Develop an investing plan today
- Learn the importance of diversification
Stay informed - don't fall behind
Managing a portfolio of investments can be very satisfying but can also throw up some challenges.
Investment success needs good planning
If you're managing your own investment decisions you need a well thought out plan. Outline your goals and set your strategies for achieving them.
Know the investment essentials
Don't know where to start? Arm yourself with good intel and be prepared to learn about concepts such as diversification.
- Develop a plan to find the right investments
- Learn how to diversify and reduce your investment risk
- Know the different assets you can invest in
Diversify your investments
We've all heard the saying 'don't put all your eggs in one basket'. Diversify by spreading your money across different investments. This protects you against one investment having a large loss.
Avoid investment pitfalls
Being aware of scams and knowing how to spot a bad investment.
- Avoid scams and bad investments
- Be wary of events that promise to make you get rich quick
- Learn how to spot a ponzi scheme
Investing for short-term goals
Investing to fund a holiday, home deposit or car? Having a specific goal can be a great motivator.
Check your adviser
Whether you've just met with your adviser or you have a long relationship, check their details on ASIC's register and know what questions to ask them to get the right advice.
Know how financial advice works
Know what to expect from an adviser and how they operate so you can get the most out of the experience.
Understand complex investments
There's no substitute for knowledge when it comes to investing.
Manage risk through diversification
There is risk in every investment. Successful investors understand the main types of risk that can hit their investments and how to manage it through diversification.