A loan can help you buy what you want when you don't have savings set aside. Before you borrow, make sure the loan repayments will fit in your budget.
There are lots of different loans available, so shop around first. Choosing the right loan could save you thousands in interest and fees.
Tips for before you borrow
- Make sure you can afford regular loan repayments. Work out whether you'll still be able to if the interest rate went up by 2%.
- Shop around for the lowest interest rate and fees. This could save you thousands over the loan term.
- Budget for extra loan repayments. You'll save a lot in interest and pay back the loan faster.
- Look out for loan scams. If an interest rate looks too good to be true, it probably is.
- If you need to borrow money quickly, there are better options than a payday loan. Find out if you're eligible for a no interest or low interest loan.