This calculator helps you work out:
- how long it will take to reach your savings goals
- steps to take to put your plan into action
- This is a model, not a prediction. It gives you estimates of regular amounts to save, amounts saved and how long it will take. We cannot predict things that will affect your decision such as movements in interest rates.
- It is not intended to be your sole source of information when making a financial decision. Consider getting advice from a licensed financial adviser.
- It assumes you reinvest the interest earned back into the savings account.
- It makes no allowance for inflation (we suggest you allow for future price increases when setting your savings goal).
- It makes no allowance for any income tax payable on the interest earned, or for extras such as account or transaction fees.
- It uses a constant interest rate for the full savings period. It compounds on the same weekly, fortnightly, monthly or annual basis as the frequency of savings payments you select.
- It assumes each year is divided into 52 weeks, 26 fortnights and 12 months of equal length. And that you make regular savings payments at the start of each period (week, fortnight, month or year as you select).