All material that ASIC publishes, either online or offline, is subject to copyright.
There is some material on the site you can reproduce without our permission. Other material requires our permission first.
ASIC welcomes links from your website to the Moneysmart website. When linking to our site, please observe the following conditions:
- Links can go to any page on our site, not just the homepage
- Your website must not give your visitors the impression that your site, or your company, is sponsored or endorsed by us.
- Links within your content must clearly take visitors to our website (e.g. pages must open in a new window and not appear as part of your navigation).
- The ASIC and Moneysmart logos are not to be reproduced on your website.
ASIC welcomes links from your website to the Moneysmart calculators. When linking to our calculators, you must link to the calculator landing page so users:
- can read instructions and information they require prior to opening
- will always see the most up-to-date calculator
- do not get a broken link if the calculator link changes.
You also need to observe the conditions for Linking to our website as outlined above.
Links from our website
ASIC only links to websites of government agencies and other organisations where the content:
- complements the relevant information on the Moneysmart website
- strengthens the key messages of the website or particular ASIC campaigns
- does not compromise the independence and impartiality of our information.
We do not do 'link exchanges' with other websites.
If you choose to link to the Moneysmart website, follow the conditions outlined above. Please note that this does not mean that Moneysmart will link to your website.
Reproducing our calculators
The Moneysmart calculators are continually being improved and updated. Therefore, to ensure that users access the most current version of our resources, please do not reproduce them. Instead, you are welcome to link to the calculator landing pages.
See Linking to our calculators above.
Referring to our content
When referring to content on the Moneysmart website, please link to the actual page on our website containing the relevant content. This ensures you are directing people to up-to-date content.
See Linking to our website above.
To reproduce extracts of our web content you must first obtain permission from us. Send your request for permission to [email protected]. Before granting permission, we may need to see the context in which you intend to use the material.
If we grant approval for you to reproduce Moneysmart material it must be correctly attributed. You must include the statement 'Reproduced with permission of ASIC for each reproduced extract. The source and date must also be included for each extract. For example: 'Source: Moneysmart website, moneysmart.gov.au, 8 September 2019'.
Please note that our website content (including assumptions, inputs and formulas in calculators) is regularly updated. ASIC does not accept any responsibility for the continued use or reproduction of material that may have become out of date.
You are welcome to embed, or link to our YouTube videos from your website. You must not edit, shorten, reproduce or republish the videos on your platforms.
When using our videos on your site, they must be correctly attributed (for example, 'Source: Moneysmart YouTube, <Video title and Link>, 20 January 2019').
Use of our videos must not give your visitors the impression that your site, or your company, is sponsored or endorsed by us. The ASIC and Moneysmart logos are not to be reproduced.
Publications and other downloadable files
Linking to our downloadable files
When referring to our publications or other downloadable documents (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), please link to the relevant webpage on the Moneysmart website that contains the download link. This is to ensure users get the most up to date information when page content changes. It also prevents users from getting a broken link if we change it.
See Linking to our website above.
Reproducing extracts from our downloadable files
You must request permission to reproduce actual extracts of our brochures, downloadable documents, newsletters or other publications.
See Reproducing extracts of our content above.
Resources for teachers
Moneysmart for teachers resources are based on materials that constitute copyright of ASIC. These teaching resources are made available under the Creative Commons Attribution - Non-Commercial - ShareAlike 3.0 Australia Licence.
Educators may use, reproduce, adapt and re-publish Moneysmart for teachers resources, without seeking the permission of ASIC. This is subject to:
- the inclusion of an acknowledgement of the source and date accessed. For example, 'Source: Moneysmart for teachers, www.moneysmart.gov.au/teaching, 20 January 2019'
- any adaptations of these materials being licensed to others under these same terms; and
- any reproduction, publishing and communication to the public being for non-commercial purposes.
Reproduction for purposes other than those indicated above requires the written permission of the Commonwealth of Australia. Requests and enquiries should be emailed to [email protected]
If you intend to publish any content from Moneysmart for teachers resources please let us know via email [email protected]
All ASIC materials on this website are exempt from collection by copyright agencies and are free resources for educational institutions
The ASIC and Moneysmart logos must never be reproduced. The only exception is when ASIC or Moneysmart are part of a joint publication, event or campaign. In these circumstances, you will need to obtain our permission by emailing us at [email protected]