This calculator explains:
- How to calculate GST (goods and services tax) in Australia
- The amount of GST you will pay or should charge customers
- The price excluding GST and the total cost including GST
If you are registered for GST, or required to be, the goods and services you sell in Australia are generally taxable unless they are GST-free or input-taxed.
This calculator can help when you're making taxable sales only (that is, a sale that has GST in the price).
To work out the cost including GST, you multiply the amount exclusive of GST by 1.1.
You divide a GST inclusive cost by 11 to work out the GST component.
A taxable sale must be:
- for payment of some kind
- made in the course of operating your business
- connected with Australia.
The Australian Taxation Office website explains in more detail how the goods and services tax (GST) works.