Helps you work out:
- how much Australian income tax you should be paying
- what your take home salary will be when tax and the Medicare levy are removed
- your marginal tax rate
Australian income tax calculator
- The rates are for Australian residents.
- Your marginal tax rate does not include the Medicare levy, which is calculated separately.
- The Medicare levy is calculated as 2% of taxable income for most taxpayers. The Medicare levy in this calculator is based on individual rates and does not take into account family income or dependent children.
- The calculations do not include the Medicare Levy Surcharge (1%-1.5%), an additional levy on individuals and families with higher incomes who do not have private health insurance.
- These calculations do not take into account any tax rebates or tax offsets you may be entitled to.
- For the 2016-17 financial year, the marginal tax rate for incomes over $180,000 includes the Temporary Budget Repair Levy of 2%.
- In most cases, your employer will deduct the income tax from your wages and pay it to the ATO.
- 2020-2021 pre-budget reflects the tax rates prior to those announced in the Budget in October 2020.
- For full information on other factors that affect your tax, see the Australian Tax Office